Bible Camp Information
Our bible camp is a one week experience where kids from all around the area and from afar come together and have daily bible studies, lots of outdoor activities, crafts, and small group events. Other events at camp, beyond our morning chapel, include nightly devotions, camp fires around our in ground bond fire pit, zip-lining, ropes course, kayaking, and a host of other sports related activities. The idea is to get kids to interact for a week, build relationships, and teach them about God using His word.
What To Expect
The camp sessions last one week at a time. Drop-off begins at 3pm on Sunday afternoon and the camp goes through the following Friday (while one of our weeks has a Saturday Morning Pick-Up). All meals are provided in the tuition, along with a T-Shirt*, a really neat cabin to stay in, and adult chaperons who all are hand picked faithful Christians by the director and are also required to keep a current criminal background check on file with the camp as part of board policy.
Criminal Background Check Form Here!
*A t-shirt is not included in the day camper fee, but can be purchased for $20.
Check Out This Summer’s Schedule
Throughout the week we send out updates of how your camper is doing and send some pictures to the family. This is because we do not permit children to bring electronic devices to camp. Not to worry though, all camper’s parents are provided with a cell phone number to reach the director in the event communication was necessary. We find the removal of cell phones to be an experience kids crave each year, believe it or not!
For those parents with younger campers (ages 7 and down), we offer day camper experience which allows the parents to pick up and drop off the children first thing and late in the afternoon, to be taken home during the evenings and brought back in the morning. Of course any age camper can elect to be a day camper, and you will notice from the application that there is a reduced rate for that. All day campers have to be approved by the Camp Director.
What To Bring
- Bible, pen and paper
- Enough clothes for the week: Clothes MUST conform to Dress Code
- Sun Screen
- Bedding for a single-size bunk (i.e., pillow plus sheets & blanket or sleeping bag)
- Toiletries (soap, shampoo, bath towels, toothbrush & toothpaste, deodorant, etc.)
- Swim suit, including appropriate “cover-up” clothing to be worn to & from the pool. For swimming, the board asks that ladies who wear a two piece swimsuit to swim in wear a shirt over it.
- Medications the camper regularly takes, whether prescribed or over the counter (Give this to the camp nurse). All medications must be in their original packaging and MUST be turned in to the nurse upon arrival.
- Do not pack snacks for your camper (except for health-related issues). These attract ants & roaches. All cabins have been treated by pest control, and our campers sleep much better without pests crawling on them.
(Lots of snacks, candy, junk food, and regular food are provided included in your campers tuition – 3 regular meals, + snacks and drinks + Gatorade and water available at all times).
- Insect repellant (non-aerosol)
Free snacks & drinks are always available, as well.
Do NOT Bring
- Cell phones, Tablets, web-capable or other electronic devices. Electronic devises are not allowed at camp, the camp is NOT responsible for loss, theft, or damage if such devices are brought and they are subject to confiscation till end of camp.
- Skateboards, roller blades, etc.
- Guns, knives or other weapons
- Tobacco products, alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs
All of the above items will be confiscated
Smoking is not allowed on campus (to include vape or e-cigarettes) . Visitors must also observe the no smoking restriction.
Bearing in mind your campers will be outdoors most of the day. Dress is to be modest for daily attire and reflect Christian values. The dress code applies to boys as well as girls.
- Tank tops, Mesh-tops, or Sleeveless Shirts
- No shorts other than knee-length will be permitted (shorts must come to the top of the knee).
- Tight revealing clothing of any kind is unacceptable.
- Tights, Leggings, Jeggings etc. are specifically prohibited/cannot be considered “shorts to the knee” – under otherwise approved clothing is fine.
If your camper is found to have clothing that does not fit the standard set by the board, there are two remedies the board has asked the Director and Counselors to use.
- Call the parents to seek addition clothing, or
- Provide the camper a pair of shorts from our donation bin that otherwise meet the standards (Yes, these have been washed)
We have found boy and girl knee length shorts (Bermuda Shorts, Athletic Shorts ) & Capri Pants @ the following stores:
- Academy Sports
- Children’s Place
- Good Will
- JC Penny
Take a look at our application and if you should have further questions, we would love to answer them for you (E-Mail the Board here). If you’d like to go ahead and register for a camp week, please feel free to fill out the application online or download a copy and send it via mail back to us with the appropriate tuition to:
Georgia Bible Camp
5244 Jericho Road
PO Box 3605
Valdosta, Georgia 31604
NEW!! NEW!! Remember, to get the reduced-price registration, applications must be received 14 days prior to the session attending AND submitted online!!! along with a $25.00 holding fee. (Waivers Now Done Electronically)
No Discount available for paper applications. Complete and mail this application to: Georgia Bible Camp Ministries Inc PO Box 3605, Valdosta, GA 31604